Which Australian Lottery Has the Best Odds?
Which Australian Lottery Has the Best Odds?
Australian lottos offer some amazing odds, fascinating features and, of course, huge jackpots. But which lottery is the best? Well, that all depends on what you're looking for. So in this article we look at which Australian lottery offers the best odds, the best prizes and, of course, the best jackpots.
Although we've always known that Aussies love to play lotto, we got a powerful reminder in January during US Powerball fever. The record-breaking jackpot just happened to coincide with our lauch. Therefore, having literally just opened our virtual doors, we quickly found ourselves overwhelmed by an unprecidented number of signups in a very short period of time. Once the press got hold of the story the situation got turbo-charged. The result was the busiest week in Lottoland's history, as customer service worked doubletime and our servers got so hot they nearly melted holes in the floor.
Of course with all the hype and attention it's easy to forget how hugely popular domestic lotteries have been, and the reasons for this popularity in the first place. So, we're going to compare the best Australian lotteries to see how they all measure up.
Australia's Most Popular Lotteries
So, what are the best Australian lotteries??
VISIT POWERBALL LOTTO
VISIT SATURDAY LOTTO
VISIT OZ LOTTO
VISIT MONDAY LOTTO
VISIT WEDNESDAY LOTTO
VISIT POOLS LOTTO
VISIT CASH 3
VISIT SET FOR LIFE
VISIT LOTTO STRIKE
Odds of Winning Australian Jackpots
Monday Lotto= 1 : 8,145,060
Oz Lotto= 1 : 45,379,620
Wednesday Lotto= 1 : 8,145,060
Powerball= 1 : 76,676,600
Saturday Lotto= 1 : 8,145,060
So What's the Best Lottery in Australia?
So, what's the best Australian lottery overall? Well that all depends on what you're looking for. If you want the best odds go with the Saturday Lotto, and its smaller siblings the Monday and Wednesday Lotto games. If you want the biggest jackpots then the Oz Lotto is the game for you. If, on the other hand, you're looking for a great all-round lottery game with lots of ways to win then your answer is the Australian Powerball.
PLAY OZ LOTTO ONLINE, Australia Lotterywest Lotto Results WA, thelott.com, thelott, Tatts, Golden Casket, SA Lotteries, Tattslotto, Nsw Lotteries, Saturday Lotto & Statistics
Play Lebanon Lotto, Buy The Loto, Check the Results, Win The Draw.
What we do?
- We give out Australia lottery Results, including oz lotto, saturday lotto and others
- We have professional statistics to help users enjoy the games
- Subscribe to our Newsletter for up-to-date infos
View on map
- Saturday Tattslotto numbers are drawn from a machine containing 45 balls numbered from 1 to 45 inclusive. For a standard game, you choose 6 numbers from this range.
- In total, 8 balls are drawn of which the first 6 are the winning numbers. The last 2 balls are the supplementary numbers. These supplementary balls are used to determine prizes in Divisions 2, 5 & 6.
- The chance of winning a Division One prize in Saturday Lotto is 1 in 8,145,060
- Every week, TattsLotto's Saturday Lotto gives you the chance to win your share in their $4 million Division 1 prize pool. There's also Superdraws of up to (and sometimes over) $20 million regularly offered throughout the year.
- Over Christmas and the New Year, keep your eye out for the special Saturday Lotto Megadraw from TattsLotto where you have a chance to win a share in $30 million or more.
- Australia’s Saturday Lotto is played across the nation but even though it is played by all states, it has several different names, Gold Lotto in Queensland, Tattslotto in Victoria, Tasmania, the ACT (Australian Capital Territory) the Northern Territory while it is known as Saturday Lotto in NSW, South Australia and Western Australia.
- Running for almost forty years, the first draw took place in front of a live television audience in June 1972 and has continued on every Saturday night since. . It is a traditional jackpot style draw game and is drawn every Saturday night.
- Like Monday and Wednesday Lotto, the Saturday version also uses the 6/45 matrix with players selecting 6 numbers from a possible 45 with two supplementary numbers also in play after the main draw.
About Saturday Tattslotto
- Saturday Lotto is a widely popular Aussie game of chance featuring impressive win rates and jackpot size. It provides 6 cash prize categories along with the grand jackpot which are all tax free. Decided to try your luck in Australian online lottery, then why not choose Saturday Lotto. And who knows, maybe it's your number-one chance to become the lucky jackpot winner! Take a chance to become a millionaire, play and keep up with the latest Saturday Lotto results no to miss your life-changing opportunity.
- How can you check Saturday Lotto results? There are several ways to check Saturday Lotto results and Australian lotto results. Surely you may go to the nearest lottery retail outlet to check Saturday Lotto results. But what should you do if you are pressed for time or played from abroad, for instance? It's hardly arguable that getting info updates via the web is the fastest and the easiest way to do that. Keep up with the latest Saturday Lotto results online! It is very convenient for those having no time or desire to watch the draw TV broadcasts or contact retailers to find out latest Saturday Lotto results.
- Offering six prize categories, Australian Saturday Lotto is a popular game of chance where the 6 main numbers and 2 supplementary ones are drawn randomly every Saturday from a barrel of 1 to 45 (the same goes about its mid-week counterparts, Monday and Wednesday Lotto). Check off the right 6 winning Saturday Lotto numbers to win the main prize and make sure the entry is made by 7.30 pm AEST (or 8.30 pm - Daylight Saving). Apart from the main lottery numbers, there are two extra numbers giving a chance to win the cash prizes of the 2nd, 5th and 6th divisions matching 1 or 2 of them.
- Australian Saturday Lotto average winning odds for the set $4 mln jackpot are 1:31. Apart from the impressive win rates all prizes are tax exempt!
- Remember that your winning chances are determined by the total count of games you are going to play on your ticket. Hence the win rates for the 1st division prize for a single standard game entry will be 1 in 8,145,060; 1 in 678,755 for 12 games and 1 in 581,790 for 14 games. The ticket price will grow progressively with the higher number of games chosen.
- No matter whether you are a first-timer playing for fun or a lotto pro being really into the game, you will have to decide on your strategy. This may concern the way you fill in your ticket or online lottery entries and the number of games you play to increase chances to win the grand and the secondary cash prizes.
- Some players, especially the beginners, may find themselves at a loss choosing their ticket or online lottery numbers from the 1-45 barrel. Use the offered QuickPick option to get Saturday Lotto numbers randomly generated for you by the machine. The option ranges from 4 games (Regular QuickPick) to 50 (Maxi QuickPick). Marking Coupon allows you to choose your favourite and special Saturday Lotto numbers for the entry. Thus you may play from 4 to 18 panels. Doubt you chances to win using standard game-play, then you can make use of the System Entry option. Simply speaking it offers more numbers to play in every entry, which obviously positively affects the win rates for multiple prize divisions. It could be a really good choice for Australian online lottery fans playing in groups. Still you can opt for the ever more promising feature - a Pick Entry. It guarantees 1 or 2 winning numbers in this way giving more chances to win. It can be played both as a marked or a “quick picked” ticket. To play extra randomly generated standard games on the marked coupon use the so-called Top Up feature.
- Multi-Week and Advanced Entries are another interesting game features.
- If you are going to be away on holidays or out of town (with no access to the web) and you would like not to miss the upcoming online lottery draw then use Multi-week entry option. It enables you to play the same Saturday Lotto numbers for 2-10 weeks at once. Got feeling for some upcoming draw, then the Advanced entry is just what you need. Such entries are available over the period of up to 10 weeks prior to any draw date. It is really helpful to avoid the rush and also can be done online, which is also a handy tool to check Saturday Lotto results.
Saturday Tattslotto Superdraw
- Saturday Lotto About 7 times a year, the Australian online lottery fans have a chance to take part in the special Saturday Lotto superdraw with a staggering starting jackpots ranging from $20 mln to $30 mln Australian dollars. Saturday Lotto superdraw prize keeps growing after each roll is over. Let's take for instance the Saturday Lotto superdraw carried out on 1 November 2014. Interestingly enough, that was not the mind boggling sum of the jackpot prize reaching AUD21 mln, but rather 14 lucky winners that distinguished that Saturday Lotto superdraw from the other ones! After the jackpot was split, each lucky ticket cashed AUD1,5 mln tax-free!